Welcome to another edition of Mix Tape Tuesday!
That music I promised in Thursday’s post is not, unfortunately, coming today. But don’t you fret! It’s worth the wait.
Today’s playlist is all about the heart and soul of the blues and the blues influence. I was going to write something about each song, like we usually do here on Tuesdays, but, frankly, I just don’t have time for that. Plus, I would most likely have the same things to say about each one: Amazing, Glorious, Emotional, and other strong words of that sort.
I hope, through these songs, you discover a new passion and a new love.
- Oh! Darling – The Beatles
- Home – Marc Broussard
- Bye Bye Blackbird – Joe Cocker
- I Got Myself a Working Man – Alberta Hunter
- Aint Nobody’s Business – BB King
- Gravity – John Mayer
- The Sky is Crying – Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Nobody Knows You When You’re Down – Bessie Smith
- Georgia On My Mind – Ray Charles
- Let Me Down Easy – Little Milton
- Catfish Blues – Lightnin’ Hopkins
- Stormy Monday – Eric Clapton
- I Never Loved A Man (The Way That I Loved You) – Aretha Franklin
- I’m In The Mood For Love – John Lee Hooker
- A Sunday Kind Of Love – Etta James
- Drinking In The Blues – Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee
Wishing you the bluesiest day,
-Erinto the kind of music that moves you