There is no reasoning to this playlist…I basically looked at my iTunes and tried to find a fairly random mix of songs for your enjoyment.
Mix Tape Tuesday: Without Reason
- Love Me Dead Ludo – Let me explain. This is not a song that I would normally like. But…it’s got tempo changes and great guitar solos and funny phrases like “love me cancerously.” I’m hooked.
- Save Me Aimee Mann – I heard this in the movie Magnolia. I actually wasn’t the biggest fan of this movie when I first saw it, but that was a while ago. Perhaps I should give it another try. Nonetheless, Aimee Mann provides some great songs for the soundtrack.
- Night Time is the Right Time Ray Charles – Still one of the best Cosby Show moments ever. Oh that Rudy…she quite a crack up!
- Mother Mother Tracy Bonham – This is one of the greatest anger songs ever written. And I really mean that. No exaggeration here.
- If You’re Feeling Sinister Belle and Sebastian – I would like to credit Aimee Inglis for opening my mind and heart to the glory of Belle and Sebastian. Their name is precious and so are many of their songs. But the best thing about them is when they have piercing and truthful words laid upon sweet and blissful melodies. Try out the song Dear Catasrophe Waitress if you want an amazing example of that.
- Cotton Eye Joe The Chieftains & Ricky Skaggs – This is not the techno remix with that annoying hamster sound-bite played in repetition. This is authentic and amazing.
- Your Song Elton John – This song is off of his Live from Australia album. If you thought nothing could get better than Your Song…try Your Song live. Wow.
- Layla (Unplugged) Eric Clapton – Okay. When you’re listening to this…you can hear the crowd applaud as they realize what song it is. When Eric Clapton starts the chorus, one man yells “WOO!” right after it starts. My dad and I like to pretend that he’s an idiot and that it took him that long to figure out the song. You can decide if you agree or not.
- Schindler’s List Theme Itzach Pearlman and John Williams – This song is like Mary Poppins to me: practically perfect in every way.
- Run Devil Run Jenny Lewis – I like songs about the devil. Is that weird?
- Comeback Kid Silversun Pickups – Everyone should love Silversun Pickups. That’s all I have to say.
- Danke Schoen Wayne Newton – This song is not FROM Ferris Bueller. It’s IN Ferris Bueller. And, yes, it’s sung by a man (well…boy).
- Supernova Girl Protozoa – This is from the Disney Channel Original Movie, Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century and Ceedus Lapeedus! It’s great, major. Especially with lyrics like “There’s no gravity between us/Our love it automatic.”
- Crazy on You Heart – I saw Heart at the Orange County Fair, of all places. When they performed this song, one of the Wilson sisters (Nancy?) played the opening guitar solo, and she played it so fast, the mic didn’t pick up all of the notes. It was one of the most amazing performances I have ever seen.
Have a great night, Creeter Readers.